Getting root access over ADB on Android 7

Discuss Android on the Wandboard, as well as app development for or on the Wandboard.

Getting root access over ADB on Android 7

Postby borislip » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:48 pm

I am trying to get root access over ADB on Android 7, which, surprisingly for me, no longer supports the "adb root" command (i remember using it on an older image, although, not sure which one). I'd like to achieve it on the stock image, without rebuilding it.

I've booted into the stock image (http://download.wandboard.org/wandboard ... sdcard.zip), connected the serial console (which got root access), and attempted to manually setup the Chainfire su based on an old thread here (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=732&p=2938&hilit=root+access#p2938), this is what i did, from /data/local/tmp, with the latest Chainfire's zip unpacked there, which is, pretty much, a near-copy-paste from the mentioned thread:
Code: Select all
echo ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
mount -o rw,remount /system
mkdir -p /system/bin/.ext
mkdir -p /system/etc/init.d

cp -f arm/su /system/xbin/daemonsu
cp -f arm/su /system/xbin/su
cp -f arm/su /system/bin/.ext/.su
cp -f common/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
cp -f common/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
cp -f common/99SuperSUDaemon /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
echo 1 | tee -a /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon

chmod 0777 /system/bin/.ext
chmod 06755 /system/bin/.ext/.su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
chmod 0755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
chmod 0755 /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
chmod 0644 /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon
chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

mount -o ro,remount /system
echo --------------------------------------------

An attempt to actually launch the SuperSU after a reboot has resulted in SuperSU complaining about su binary not being installed, with the brief SELinux related message, denying the SuperSU access to the su binary, visible in the serial console.

Being relatively unfamiliar with this kind of stuff i am waiting for suggestions :-(
borislip

Re: Getting root access over ADB on Android 7

Postby sonisingh9877nov » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

jogging 'adb root' offers me the equal 'adbd can not run as root in manufacturing builds' error .

For gadgets that have Developer options -> Root get right of entry to, pick out "ADB only" to provide adb root get right of entry to to the tool on free netflix account (as cautioned through NgaNguyenDuy).

Then attempt to run the command as according to the answer at release a script as root through ADB techlinc.in. In my case, I just desired to run the 'netcfg rndis0 dhcp' command, and i did it this way besttrail cam:

adb shell "su -c netcfg rndis0 dhcp"
Please test whether or not you're making any errors even as running it this manner top 10 torrent sites.

If it nonetheless does not paintings, test whether you rooted the device efficiently. If nevertheless no success, try installing a custom ROM such as Cyanogen Mod in order for 'adb root' to work extratorrent sites.
sonisingh9877nov

Return to Software - Android