Lakka tv [multi retro emulator console]

Show or tell us what you are doing with your wandboard!

Lakka tv [multi retro emulator console]

Postby synportack24 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:37 pm

This isn't my success, nor am I responsible for it, but I thought this should be posted here.
Lakka is an Emulator console that works surprising well on the wandboard even on thing like N64 roms.
There is also a prebuilt img available. (as well as for other SoCs)

website
http://www.lakka.tv/

Git
https://github.com/lakkatv/Lakka/tree/lakka-wandboard
synportack24

Re: Lakka tv [multi retro emulator console]

Postby Tapani » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 am

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
Tapani
Site Admin

Postby Aliraza35 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:50 am

It is meant to be there and actually serves as a chimney, making use of natural air flow to cool the system down.????
Aliraza35

Postby JohnWadell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Nice one thanks, I'm also using ROM's and emulators from https://romsmania.com/ there are a huge amount of free ROM's for different retro consoles. Sure you can find there your favorite games. Good luck. Enjoy!
JohnWadell

Postby Adheesh » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 am

RetroArch is a program that combines emulators for tons of retro ... It's available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and even hacked Wii consoles, among others. ... It's less about just playing that old arcade game from back in the day .... more authentic (like running a CRT filter that simulates an old TV) How to Build a Raspberry Pi Retro Game Console .... select OK, and then select (1) Quick Install OpenELEC.tv (don't worry about any of the other options). ... Step Four: Add ROMs to Lakka from Your Primary Computer
Adheesh

Postby steins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:13 pm

One advantage of Lakka is that it will get core updates first, since it's the official frontend of RetroArch. The setup is complex, but, considering most every other retro gaming OS uses RetroArch as well, if you want to fine tune your experience you'll have to dwelve deeper into it.

Another advantage of Lakka: it has its own frontend which is actively updated along with RetroArch. RetroPie and Recalbox use EmulationStation, which looks very pretty but is no longer maintained by its creator and has a few critical bugs (like the white screen one).

Disadvantages of Lakka: there may be less handholding since it's bare RetroArch and it's not that easy to setup. It also can't launch Moonlight AFAIK and does not have a native way of loading Kodi if you're into that. Lakka is reliant on its libretro cores to launch apps, so you can't just add executable scripts to it like you can with EmulationStation, only the content compatible with the cores it has (like ROMs). The goal of Lakka at this point is to create some sort of game console OS first and foremost, so there's no room for different things.

If you want to use Lakka with Kodi, you can, however, dual-boot. The easiest way is with the images built by Matt Huisman. I'd recommend the LibreELEC one since it has less fluff. You can get the free version from Vshare Mac version.

I personally like all three projects (Lakka, RetroPie, Recalbox), but I'm considering using the Matt Huisman Lakka + LibreELEC image just to try Lakka out. Some people say RetroPie and RetroArch are intimidating to use, but I haven't had many problems with them.
steins

Postby jason1111 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:47 am

If you want xbox 360 emulator for pc then you should visit this page https://www.qdtricks.tech/xbox-360-emulator-for-pc/. Here you will get the top best list of best xbox 360 emulator 2017.
jason1111

Postby AuduJames » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:28 am

i watch show through my Android Smart Tv Box. Google did a great job customizing the Android platform to look and work well for the large screen. Android TV Box Online Price
AuduJames

Return to Showcase and success stories