WAND-PI-8M Shipping date

Discussion of your EDM baseboard, your add-on boards or other peripherals for your wandboard.

WAND-PI-8M Shipping date

Postby HYPR- UK » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Does anyone know the shipping date of WAND-PI-8M ?
The website says spring 2018 ... may be the spring hasn't arrived yet in this part of the world .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HYPR- UK

Re: WAND-PI-8M Shipping date

Postby dennis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 am

I have the same question. I send email some times, but not receive any answer!!!!!
Maybe, I lost more than $100 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dennis

Postby rchin02150 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:55 pm

So did any Wand-PI-8M ship at all? I ordered some in February and has not received anything, nor responses to my questions. Anyone know what is going on around here? I see the Wand-PI-8M board is now labeled "obsolete" in Mouser.
rchin02150

Postby SunWukong » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:11 pm

On April 15th I ordered a WAND-PI-8M-PRO and today I got an email from the TechNexion Sales Support Team with a DHL Tracking Number.
According to DHL, the parcel has been on its way to me since September 28 and has left the DHL station in Hong Kong today.
Since I read last Friday, at Mouser Electronics, that the WAND-PI-8M-PRO is in stock Not Available and at Lifecycle Obsolete, I thought, the board is not coming anymore.

Greetings to all who are still waiting for their delivery.
SunWukong

WAND-PI-8M boots, inconsistently

Postby LenSamuelson » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 am

I Received the Pico-PI-IMX8M-Pro earlier today, and have the following report:

1) It did boot, though I saw no evidence of it booting until it was connected to my network infrastructure through the hardwired Ethernet port. (I had not yet connected the debug serial port; it could be that the serial port showed activity during the initial setup.)
2) It appears to require 1920x1080 or better monitor; it drives a 40 inch 3840x2160 at 60 Hz but not a 1440x900 monitor I use for systems other than my primary workstation. I'll grab a better monitor from the basement tomorrow and try it. In the meantime...
3) It successfully updated the eMMC to a YOCTO image. After a clean shutdown, it appears to boot consistently. Make sure the shutdown is clean, though. U-boot appears to get confused easily.
4) YOCTO desktop flashes on and off in a seemingly random pattern, as if it were experiencing repeated idle timeouts at random intervals.
4b) During the initial setup screen, during which time it allowed selection of an operating system to load into eMMC, the screen did not flash; only YOCTO does that.
5) It is possible during the short intervals when the display is visible (rarely greater than 2 seconds) to start a terminal session.
6) When it boots correctly, it can acquire an IP address.
7) It is possible to log into the unit using SSH protocol (dropbear package): root user, no password
8) The debug USB port presents two ACM devices (on my Linux machine, ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2). The first of the two USB tty devices is the processors /dev/ttymxc0, which is also the u-boot console port, and it runs at 115200 bits/second.
9) The USB serial port allows control of the unit, and appears to be the best way for me to manage the unit; hopefully I can find a compatible monitor,

10) It runs VERY hot, at least 54C, and I've seen it report 62C, with a load average of 0.02 (essentially idle).

I can find no information about boot mode jumper settings. A little documentation beyond hooking up keyboard/mouse, display and network would be very helpful.
LenSamuelson

Return to Hardware and peripherals