Future 7" LCD + Touch with Yocto 2.4

Discussion of your EDM baseboard, your add-on boards or other peripherals for your wandboard.

Future 7" LCD + Touch with Yocto 2.4

Postby mraction » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi,

i compiled the current yocto (2.4) for the wandboard. The LCD is working fine, but the touch is not working. I found, that the driver for an ADS7846 is loaded, but it's the wrong driver - I think!?

Bootlog snip:
{CODE]
ads7846 spi0.0: touchscreen, irq 140
input: ADS7846 Touchscreen as /devices/soc0/soc/2000000.aips-bus/2000000.spba-bus/2008000.ecspi/spi_master/spi0/spi0.0/input/input0
[/CODE]

So I searched in the sources from older android images and found there a kernel module for the Adapter Board for that LCD and the info that it's a Prism Touchscreen. But in the current Kernel 4.1.44 the driver is missing.

What is the best way to get the touch running with Yocto 2.4?

I tried also the Yocto 2.0 build from the wandboard FTP. It's the same problem.

The reason to compile a newer yocto is, that I need a newer Qt...

Best regards,
Michael
mraction

Re: Future 7" LCD + Touch with Yocto 2.4

Postby BrockDorf » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi...you can apt-get download gcc and it will download the .deb file into the current directory, which you can then move over to your other system. However if you don't have apt on the other system, it might not do much good. I guess you could just do a "which gcc" and copy over the binary, but you'll need to do that for all of the dependencies and for all of their dependencies, and their dependencies, and so on.

assemblage PCB
BrockDorf

Return to Hardware and peripherals