Have both a local and cloud archive storage

Discussion of your EDM baseboard, your add-on boards or other peripherals for your wandboard.

Have both a local and cloud archive storage

Postby JoeClark » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 am

Hi,

I've had a local NAS for many years with important info, documents, and sentimental media on it for backup purposes, but it recently gave me a scare by not working for a few hours until it somehow revived itself. I'm wondering if I can have this or a new NAS backup to a cloud service, specifically a very cheap archival service like amazon glacier. I want both a local and cloud storage so that I can have my data close by and readily available but also safe in a separate location. Ideally, I'd like something that automatically backs up any file I add or change on the local NAS to the cloud storage. I figure I could use any basic archival storage like backblaze or glacier (also, would those work with a NAS?) but I was hoping there was a combined cloud/local service sold somewhere.
Another thought I had was to create a disaster safe local backup using non-hdd storage in a safebox that I would back up once a month or so, but a cloud backup would be easier and put my mind more at ease.
Sorry if I'm at all vague, I know what I want but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... e-storage/
B2B Online Video
JoeClark

Return to Hardware and peripherals