This half success project (wandbook) is my home hobby.
I got old notebook (LG P1 with broken Nvidia) and use only box, lcd screen (lvds + dc/dc backlight), fan (and heat tube), keyboard, speakers. Of course, original leds, buttons, external and internal connectors from old motherboard for design new pcb..
Heart of the system - wandboard imx6q som (4 cores, 2GB, wifi/bt, uSD)
On new pcb (4 layers) I place:
power manager and charger circuit (SBS compliant) for charge NiMh (or LiON) and powering all board system and external peripheral devices
connector for accumulator battery - I try use old construction, but new gas gauge chip, because old bq20z80 sealed
4 ports usb HS hub - 3 port for external connectors and 1 for stm32f105 on board
rtc with battery
thermocontrol chip with fan control
I can't buy sgtl5000 and replace to tlv320aic23
stm32f105 for ps/2 touchpad service (original device at upper cover of oldbook)
atmega128 for keyboard service (original of oldbook)
usb, ethernet, lvds connectors
usb console FTDI chip based
connector for expander PCB
expander PCB (homemade, 2 layers) is:
SD connector (SD1 port wandboard)
miniusb connector for console ttymxc0
one usb port (from usb hub)
db9 (to stm32f105 uart)
for future use is reserved:
one usb port from wandboard som
connector with outputs gpio expander, ttymxc2(?, maybe gps receiver) and i2c
wandboard som working perfectly - "works - do not touch!"
- lvds (1280x800) - working
(backlight working with pwm fine)
- rgb24 (800x480) - work
- hdmi(1920x1080) and dvi(1280x1024) - working on native carrier board
- aic23 - working
- measure temperature and fan speed - working
- custom NUTOS device (ttyACM) - working
- reflash by dfu-util in system - working
- custom firmware - scan keyboard matrix and i2c slave to IMX6. I write maket - scan 4x4 matrix and linux driver - working
Need rewrite to 13x8 matrix keys..
- reflash by my modification avrdude (spi over gpio) in system - working
- intel-4965agn wifi - working
- SSD Kingston (60GB) - working
- strange result - no 1000mbit handshake, only 100fd. I use part of old pcb with transformators (no have documentation) and low profile rg45 - halfworking
But, for carrier board work fine 1000mbit!
Android (no mainstream for me):
wandboard som - working
lvds with backlight - working
GUI working , GAPP installed and get apps from GoogleApps over WiFi
very unstable GUI, freeze screen or dark.
I replace pixs to google storage..