Touch screen project

Show or tell us what you are doing with your wandboard!

Touch screen project

Postby stevenfalco » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 am

The touch screen unit currently shown on the main wandboard page is my project. You can see the
initial posting here:

http://forums.wandboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8&sid=9fbffb7a82ab4f8d5d4356cfa3e1a459

For the photo, the unit was running the prebuilt Android multi-touch demo software. My goal is
to get Fedora running on the unit. I plan to add an audio amp and speakers, and basically build a
very sophisticated "clock radio". Think a "super Chumby", and you'll have the right concept.

Steve
stevenfalco

Re: Touch screen project

Postby cannonfodder » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks Steven... Yours was one of the projects I'd found most interesting - especially the case/cabinet...

How did you make this cabinet, i.e., how is the plexiglass cabinet put together? Was it glued?
cannonfodder

Time for V2

Postby stevenfalco » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52 am

I decided I needed better sound, so I created a new version of my touchscreen project. It is again constructed of 1/4" plexiglas.
Here is a front view.

front_view.jpg
Front view
front_view.jpg (229.34 KiB) Viewed 5588 times

The pushbuttons are implemented as plexiglas rods that run through a guide block to depress the tact switches on the
Future Electronics adapter board.

Here is a side view showing the volume knob, headphone jack, and power connector. These items are all contained on a
custom amplifier board I designed.

side_view.jpg
Side view
side_view.jpg (230.63 KiB) Viewed 5577 times

Here is the rear view. At the top are the speaker compartments, which are filled with fiberglas insulation. On the left,
you can see the WiFi connection, and the serial port, brought out on a ribbon cable. Guess I voided my warranty by
removing the 9-pin jack from the Wand PCB. :-)

On the right is the custom board I built, with a TI amplifier chip, regulators, etc. I left the back plexiglas cover clear
so as to show off the "guts".

The USB debug cable for Android can be seen exiting at the bottom. Now all I have to do is get my apps working.

rear_view.jpg
Rear view
rear_view.jpg (242.5 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
stevenfalco

Postby JayminD » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:39 am

Hello,

I have LCD model no. : MODEL No. COM35H3M10XTC

so please any one help me to how to interface it with WAND BOARD????
Any driver required ??
Any special LCD controller or any special IC requried or not ??

also tell me any link where i found driver for kernel 3.0.35 or any other details.
ASAP basis.

replay me with brief details.
Its urgent for my project.

THANK YOU

JayminD.
JayminD

Postby Fedral144 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am

This isn't my success, nor am I responsible for it, but I thought this should be posted here.
Lakka is an Emulator console that works surprising well on the wandboard even on thing like N64 roms.
There is also a prebuilt img available. (as well as for other SoCs)
Fedral144

Return to Showcase and success stories