how about posts on devices pictured on wandboard.org

Show or tell us what you are doing with your wandboard!

how about posts on devices pictured on wandboard.org

Postby cannonfodder » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 pm

On September 11, 2013, 5 pics and corresponding one-liners of real-world Wandboard projects were posted on the wandboard.org site (see below) and this subforum was promoted...

Was a little disappointed to find only one projected (Wandboard Music Server) listed thus far...

I, for one, would love more information and pics about the 5 projects listed on wandboard.org, i.e., what materials and hardware were used, etc., where they were purchased, what software these projects run and so on...

Hope the masterminds behind these projects read this (or have it brought to their attention) and have the time and inclination to oblige :)

Above you find a few examples :

Wandboard with a multitouch 7 inch screen assembled in a plexiglas enclosure
Wandboard with a hardisk used as a in car media streaming server
Wandboards (6) packed with HDD's for bigdata cluster applications
Wandboard with a USB LCM display
Wandboard module carrier connector board for slimdevices streaming servers
cannonfodder

Re: how about posts on devices pictured on wandboard.org

Postby calmera » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Oh we heard you ;)

I'm one of the founders of bigboards.io which is basically a cluster on your desktop. Our project is the one on the bottom left. I can point you to http://www.bigboards.io for a first impression.

As for the technologies we used: We 3D printed a lot of stuff like the hex ribs and the HDD support, both of which are available when asked for it ;)

We run Hadoop, JDK8, and other software on top of it to test the performance and heat conduction. First impressions: Amazing. The only problem is the fact that we are a bit low on memory but apart from that, really amazing stuff.

Suggestions are always welcome.

PS: You might notice the large hole in the middle. It is meant to be there and actually serves as a chimney, making use of natural air flow to cool the system down.
calmera

Postby cannonfodder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

Thank-you for taking the time to post calmera...

Any other takers?
cannonfodder

Postby kathi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:34 am

Which TP-Link model do you have? Do you need to connect the AP to a powered USB hub?
kathi

Return to Showcase and success stories