Welcome! Introduce yourself

Drop in to chat about anything, or just to introduce yourself in the welcome to the board thread!

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

Postby andres » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Andrés, I'm from Argentina. In my team we are about to start developing Linux and Android applications with Wandboard. We really like it, it's a nice board.
andres

Postby Tapani » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 am

Welcome all!

It is nice to see people from all over the world here!
Tapani
Site Admin

Postby avenger22 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Hello my name is Sébastien, I live in France and I'm gonna work on WANDBOARD cards for some projects :D
avenger22

Postby johnclark » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:07 am

My name is John Clark from LA, I am a writer. Thanks for accepting me here in your forum. Hope to get to know you more.
johnclark

Postby mysli » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi All,

my name is Daniel, I'm an electrical engineer from Germany.
I just recently got my WandBoard Dual.

I'm pretty amazed about this little board.

I already made my first steps with getting Android and Ubuntu to run.

But finally I would like to write own applications, preferable from scratch (without Linux underneath).

Bye
Daniel
mysli

Postby CTAG » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi,

I'm Chris, a computer engineering student in the US.

I work a part time research-aide position with embedded boards such as the Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard, and Beaglebone for use as in-flight computers on small RC or unmanned vehicles.

Last semester I gave away my laptop, and have been looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I didn't see anything on the market that I both liked and could afford, so it occurred to me to build my own using one of these small embedded boards. Until I started looking around for this personal project, I had never heard of Wandboards before :D But since learning about them, have settled on a WB-quad as my desired driver for this hacked together laptop.

I have a multitude of questions about the board, such as how well the wireless antenna works, which desktop environments people have successfully used under Linux, how well USB 3.0 (if that's really what the blue port there is) works, etc. Unfortunately, they mostly struck me as the kind of questions I'd just have to generate answers for, so this morning I purchased a WB-QUAD and antenna kit from FutureElec. Should hopefully be here in < three weeks.

Thanks!,
-CTAG
CTAG

Postby MarkLP » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm Mark, I've got a wandboard to test for using with Multi Room Audio. Using multiple instances of squeezelite and multiple USB DACs.

Cheers
MarkLP

Postby rsmith » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello,

I am a firmware engineer currently configuring a Wandboard Solo for a commercial application.

So far it looks like it is meeting and exceeding all the requirements we are throwing at it.
I look forward to working with it on current and future projects.

I am here for some questions (which I will post on a different thread).

Thanks for pulling together some really awesome tech and support.

-Ryan
rsmith

Postby Tapani » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:27 am

Welcome Ryan!

And Welcome Mark, Chris, Daniel, John and Sébastien too!
Tapani
Site Admin

Postby Bradley » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello everyone I'm Bradley, I live in Auckland New Zealand.

I am a student who enjoys tinkering with the Raspberry Pi. I haven't ordered a Wandboard yet. I'm trying to gauge the performance gain that I will get with a Wandboard quad before I buy.

If I do get a Wandboard it would take on the roll of my struggling Raspberry Pi which hosts a WordPress blog. I was excited this morning when I discovered this 'quad' single board computer with a massive 2GB of RAM! Maybe it will be my new toy we will see!
Bradley

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion