Welcome! Introduce yourself

Drop in to chat about anything, or just to introduce yourself in the welcome to the board thread!

Welcome! Introduce yourself

Postby wandboard » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Welcome to the Wandboard forums - introduce yourself!
(just write a few lines about yourself, why you are here, what you are doing with your wandboard .. yeah whatever :D )
Last edited by admin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stickied
wandboard
Site Admin

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

Postby lesliew » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Great to see the new forum.

Wand board Quad owner

lesliew from FL
lesliew

Postby Tapani » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 am

Welcome to the board lesliew!

Maybe I can do a short intro of myself as well:

my name is Tapani, and I am one of the engineers behind the Wandboard - mainly responsible for software (kernel, u-boot, linux - but not Android)
Tapani
Site Admin

Postby Lanties » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am

Thank you for the new forum.

I am Lanties from Cape Town in South Africa.

Tapani - I have read many of your writings and have managed to get my own minimalistic Ubuntu 13.04 distro going based on your info. Thank you

Owner of a Dual, Trying to buy some more units but it is always a hassle with lots of bureaucracy etc. getting boards to South Africa.
Lanties

Postby mki » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello, I am Markus from Germany.

Main topic for me is working with I2C interface, using GPIO interrupt and design an adequate interface using touchless gestures coming from my sensor.

Thank you Tapani for your great support around here. I am glad about this great forum.

Best regards
Markus
mki

Postby zachofalltrades » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 pm

I am Zach from Wisconsin in USA.

I have been looking for a low-power device to run a headless SOHO server, probably with ArchLinuxARM to minimize unnecessary overhead in the OS.
I am excited to see SATA and four cores at this price point.

I am hoping to run:
NAS (NFS rather than Samba, may re-share via Samba on another device)
Media Streaming - Plex ? or simply miniDLNA
owncloud - I like where this project is going
tent.io - just to experiment
MineCraft server - for the kids (running on RaspberryPi now, but the server can't keep up)

Look forward to hearing success stories or frustrations - hope to contribute some after I get my hands on one of these.
zachofalltrades

Postby Lukas » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:14 pm

I am Lukas from Austria.

I use the Wandboard for an HMI with Android.
These topics I had/have to work-out.
- Android (build from source)
-Touchscreen implementation
-GPIO,...

The wandboard is a very compact and powerful board.

PS: keep it simple!
Lukas

Postby thudson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 am

Im Tomy Hudson in Seattle, WA, USA. I haven't actually ordered my board yet, will probably do this weekend. I used to do embedded development many years ago, but mostly back-end web development these days. I have a couple of projects I'd like to explore and the wandboard seems to be the best platform for all three.

- A multi-fx unit for guitar, using LADSPA and LV2 plugins, adding a MIDI send and receive via the GPIO. Biggest question will be audio latency from input to output. Also, the possibility of using OpenCL for some audio processing, perhaps convolution processing.

- The end-all carputer. Navigation, AM/FM, OBDII diagnostics via Bluetooth. Backup camera, motion sensors, ranges, etc. I have a battery system that can allow the computer to work a bit after the car ignition is turned off, to allow syncing with my wireless network and downloading any newly ripped tunes.

- If all else fails, seems like a great HTPC platform.
thudson

Postby theob » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm

My name is theo or ted. I am a retired mechanical engineer but have been involved in audio for 30 years. Am interested in this project because of the cache associated with John Swenson who I have been reading in Audio Aylum for 5 years. I currently have a fully slimmed CMP^2 system which has been the best front end I have ever had.
theob

Postby taitran » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:00 am

Tai Tran from Vietnam, owner to 2: BeagleBone Black 6-month old, and 1 Wandboard dual baby 3-day old. Because of financial difficulties, I'm going to sell my BeagleBone Black soon to a friend. I like the Wb dual better. I'm software engineer, work a lot with Linux servers recently so want to tinker with those ARM SoC on Linux.
taitran

Next

Return to General Discussion