No WLAN0 detected in kernel 3.10.53

You have a problem with your Wandboard and want to ask the community for help.

No WLAN0 detected in kernel 3.10.53

Postby dhanishvijayan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 am

I am using official ubuntu 14.04 image from http://www.wandboard.org/index.php/downloads
I verified that the wifi is working fine with official image. As i required SPI to be enabled, I want to recompile the SD kernel image. I have compiled the kernel successfully and booted the OS with the kernel that I have compiled, but found that the WLAN0 that was present earlier is not showing with ifconfig command. :oops:

Here is what I did.

git clone git@github.com:wandboard-org/linux.git
git checkout -b wandboard_imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga origin/wandboard_imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga

make wandboard_defconfig
make menuconfig
make -j8

Inserted ubuntu SD card into host PC.
sudo mount /dev/sdX1 /mnt/temp
sudo cp arch/arm/boot/zImage /mnt/temp/boot/
sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/*-wandboard.dtb /mnt/temp/boot/
sudo umount /mnt/temp/

The good thing is that after some modification as suggested from viewtopic.php?t=1197 I was able to get spidev32766.0 in /dev. :D

Please help me to make the wifi also working. I couldn't figure out what happened to Wifi!!

Note: I am using Wandboard Dual Rev C1
dhanishvijayan

Re: No WLAN0 detected in kernel 3.10.53

Postby Tapani » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:51 am

Tried to also recompile and install kernel modules?

WiFi is enabled by the bcmdhd.ko module (bcmdhd might also work). You will also need the firmwares in /lib/firmware/brcm/ ... (as in the official releases).
Tapani

Re: No WLAN0 detected in kernel 3.10.53

Postby BobbyArcher » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:12 am

Hey! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue. If you have any suggestions, please share. Cheers!

------------------
At MediaOne, we believe that customised, innovative design can mean the difference between a successful website and an ultimate failure. Speaking and connecting with your visitors by way of website design is no easy feat; especially when you are simultaneously trying to stand out among dozens of competitors on the web. corporate website design
BobbyArcher

Return to Getting started