External sensors / wired

You have a problem with your Wandboard and want to ask the community for help.

External sensors / wired

Postby Jeroen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:03 am

Hi,

I am planning to connect external sensors (PIRs, door sensors etc. etc) to the wandboard and use these signals in an applications.
As I am not an hardware expert I am looking for help on the following questions:

1> How can I connect these external (wired) sensors to the wandboard?
2> What is the maximum number of sensors that I can connect to Wandboard dual?

Thanks,
Jeroen
Jeroen

Re: External sensors / wired

Postby Tapani » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:13 am

Which bus does your sensors connect with?

Most buses (I2C, SPI, UART) are present on the external pin header on the wandboard baseboard.

The number of sensors depend on the bus (SPI -- max is number of chip selects, in case of WB=2), I2C has the number of available addresses (order of 100, but depends on which addresses your sensors can accept), and for UART the max is 1.
Tapani

Postby blue_z » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Tapani wrote:Most buses (I2C, SPI, UART) ...
The number of sensors depend on the bus ... for UART the max is 1
UART is not a bus. It may seem to share a few similarities with I2C and SPI controllers, but that's not enough to categorize a comm link as a bus.
"Interfaces" would be an appropriate term to use in your first sentence.

Regards
blue_z

Postby LuLuDollli » Tue May 05, 2020 11:36 pm

Thanks to watch us open online and my luck I was able to make money on my first car in just a month. I was not afraid and tried my luck. I'm lucky so you can bee lucky too!
LuLuDollli

best android apps

Postby harshitasriiiz » Fri May 15, 2020 8:13 am

As said above Indian market is loaded with stock best android apps exchanging applications , it has a blend of both the genuine and phony applications. We have done our check for every single exchanging application we recorded howl in the wake of thinking about number of clients, the application evaluations, number late downloads, what different news destinations says about the applications, genuine client audits and hardly any other significant standards. Yet, as a client you ought to do your own check before putting resources into any of the howl recorded exchanging applications.
harshitasriiiz

Return to Getting started