OpenELEC

XBMC subforum

Re: OpenELEC

Postby Chris81T » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi again,

I have found a solution to get the OpenElec 6 version running:

First I have to use following image from XoD:
http://www.xoddark.com/Public/openelec/ ... ard.img.gz

Then after starting openelec on my wandboard quad, if have copied the newer Openelec version as TAR file:

http://www.xoddark.com/Public/openelec/ ... -6.0.0.tar

to /storage/.update (via scp | user: root and password: openelec is the standard setting) and have restarted the wandboard. After that the version 6.0.0 is up and running :D

One question. When for instance Openelec will release a newer version, is it easy to update it? Should I simply copy such a TAR file to the .update folder in the same way, or must I adapt something?

Cheers!
Christian
Chris81T

Postby vpeter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm currently updating openelec with newer kernel from solidrun which can also supports wandboard. I'm also in the process to use newer kernel 4.1.y done by xbian project.

Because there is lot of confusion and pain to get openelec on wandboard maybe I should think to make builds for wandboard too like I'm doing for udoo and tbs matrix?
vpeter

Postby Chris81T » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 pm

vpeter wrote:I'm currently updating openelec with newer kernel from solidrun which can also supports wandboard. I'm also in the process to use newer kernel 4.1.y done by xbian project.

Because there is lot of confusion and pain to get openelec on wandboard maybe I should think to make builds for wandboard too like I'm doing for udoo and tbs matrix?

Wow, this would be great, vpeter! I'm sure, many people were happy to have your builds/images. I'm will be one of them.

So big big thanks from my side for your work! Do you have any website or blog, where you possibly will inform about such new images?
Chris81T

Postby vpeter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 am

I will just open one new thread here when image will be available.

But can someone tell me which patches do I need for u-boot and which u-boot version should I use? For my devices I'm using 2015.10-rc5 + uEnv.txt patches.
vpeter

Postby Chris81T » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi vpeter!

Did you have build any new OpenElec (or plain Kodi) image(s) for the wandboard quad? If yes, can you provide it / give a download url for such an image?

I would be happy to hear from you : )

Cheers!
Chris81T

Previous

Return to Software - XBMC