14.04 LTS official Image, Modules missing

Discuss Ubuntu related items.

14.04 LTS official Image, Modules missing

Postby xsnoopy » Sun May 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Hello,

I´m using the new 14.04 official image from http://www.wandboard.org/images/downloads/ubuntu-14.04-lxde-20150511.zip

Very good work to get a fast Desktop now! But I´m using my wandboard as well as an small home server for internet routing,... and I´m missing the kernelheaders and some modules.

For example: I´m not able to load the iptables firewall, because of missing ip_tables modules. I looked in the /boot/config-3.10.53... file and found that it should be compiled as an module/3.10.53-1.1.0_ga. If I´m right the module should be found anywhere /lib/modules-wandboard-06034-g13bb184-dirty/net/... but there is no subdirectory "net" so i think these module are missing.

My question: How to get the missing modules/ how to get iptables working?

Thanks in advance!
xsnoopy

Re: 14.04 LTS official Image, Modules missing

Postby Wig » Mon May 18, 2015 3:03 am

Hello xsnoopy:

The default setting has no enable "Netfilter Configuration" for wandboard kernel defconfig.

You can download the kernel source as follow and enable relative configuration:
https://github.com/wandboard-org/linux/ ... 3_1.1.0_ga

Thank you!
Wig

Postby xsnoopy » Thu May 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Hmm, is there a step by step introduction like Robert Nelson´s to build the kernel? or any other way to get the missing modules?

I think my Linux skills are not big enough to build and install the kernel from scratch.

Thanks!
xsnoopy

Postby Wig » Mon May 25, 2015 6:21 am

Hello xsnoopy:

If you're sure what configuration dependency need to enable for kernel defconfig, you can list for me,
I can build a test image for you.

Thank you.
Wig

Postby xsnoopy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:32 am

Hello Wig,

unfortunatly I don´t know what excatly I need. At most the standard Kernel with the possibility to install missing drivers from the source.

I used my Wandboard in the past for:
Internetrouter and Firewall, Hotspot with different USB Wifi Sticks (2 and 5Ghz), a USB to ethernet adapter, NAS Storage with SATA Harddisk, Bluetooth to audio reciever and a print and scan server, I2C and 1wire master(minimal weather station), Apache and Owncloud.

Because the wandboard is an allways on device it´s connected to my TV and I wanted to use it for websurfing, youtube and such things as well.

Everything is working with a headless image, but i like to use it with 3D accerleration desktop.
xsnoopy

Return to Software - Ubuntu