Changing kernel for ubuntu

Discuss Ubuntu related items.

Changing kernel for ubuntu

Postby dharmesh » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 am

I downloaded the ubuntu sdcard image from wandboard.org and booted the board. Then I am trying to build a different kernel version and use it with the ubuntu build. I simply copied the uImage, zImage and vmlinux files to the /boot/ folder of the ubuntu rootfs on sdcard. But somehow it still boots with older kernel.

Is the kernel image flashed within the first 8MB of the sdcard like u-boot? How can I come to know of the address at which the kernel needs to be overwritten.
dharmesh

Re: Changing kernel for ubuntu

Postby Tapani » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:57 am

The uImage kernel should be 1M into the SD card. We are considering to use a boot folder / partition.
Check the SDK documentation for details (under downloads).
Tapani
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Tapani,

but in general it is possible to replace the existing kernel by a new compiled kernel from the wandboard SDK?
I have now added SPI to board-wand.c - now UBUNTU Gui does not start - SPI on console is working fine -
Can you provide an kernel with enabled SPI?
Hardy

Postby sagarreddy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:06 am

After an update, the GRUB configuration is updated to boot the latest version, and previous versions can be manually selected in the GRUB menu during bootup. To change the default kernel to boot you can do the following: 1. Open the file /etc/default/grub.
sagarreddy

Homepage

Postby sara » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Recently I have found a working serial key for hdd regenerator. Hdd regenerator is used to fix bad sectors of hard disk without loosing any data. It is probably the best software to repair hdd bad sectors.It doesn't hide dangerous sectors, it very...
https://dadhackers.blogspot.in
sara

Call me pictures for whatsapp

Postby Johnsj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm

call me pictures for whatsapp
call me image download
please call me pictures
call me images graphics
call me images free download
call me pictures funny
waiting for your call images
plz call.me image
call me baby images
Johnsj

Tech bizze

Postby sekhar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 pm

We share technology news with our readers like latest Gadget launches, news in tech world, new softwares or OS updates and much more. We try to keep our readers updated with every technology update so that they don’t miss out on and update.
Tech bizze
sekhar

geometry dash 2.1 apkhere

Postby Upendr44 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump and fly your way through danger in this rhythm-based action platformer.Prepare for a near impossible challenge in the world of Geometry Dash. Simple one touch game play with lots of levels that will keep you entertained for hours.Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages and spiky obstacles.

geometry dash 2.1 apkhere
Upendr44

adaway android

Postby Jailk44 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 pm

adaway android

An ad blocker that uses the hosts file. The hosts file contains a list of mappings between hostnames and IP addresses. When an app requests an ad, that request is directed to 127.0.0.1 which does nothing.
Jailk44

do you need facebook for tinder

Postby Siddu44 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am

Dating has become an important status symbol among the youth these days. Out of enthusiasm, the search for a partner has started even online recently. One popular online dating companion today is tinder. Here is how to use tinder in different possible ways. How tinder and tinder plus work. How to use tinder on PC. How to use tinder on the desktop. How to download Tinder in various devices. And also how to use Tinder without Facebook.
do you need facebook for tinder
Siddu44

Return to Software - Ubuntu