u-boot environment and fdt_file

This is the place for software discussions not having a dedicated subforum

u-boot environment and fdt_file

Postby hpux735 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 am

Hi All,

I've got a perplexing problem with setting (and saving) environment variables in my u-boot environment.

I upgraded the kernel, and this included new dtb files (in a new directory in /boot). The problem I'm having is that no matter what I do, I can't get u-boot to save that property in the environment. I can make new entries in the environment and save them, but fdt_file is *always* restored to some default value (in particular boot/dtbs/4.0.3-armv7-x2/imx6q-wandboard.dtb). It's driving me mental, because I have to use the serial terminal every time I reboot my board.

Did Wandboard add code to u-boot to reset this value on every boot???

I'm loosing my mind!
hpux735

Re: u-boot environment and fdt_file

Postby hpux735 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:20 am

I may have answered my own question. I'll post the solution in case anyone hits this problem.

Set fdt_file_autodetect off !
hpux735

Postby mariagarcia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 pm

You 'boot' your arrangement by finding the power button, and touching it from the off position to the on position. UK Assignment Help
mariagarcia

Postby Antoniokim » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 am

U-Boot will hold up this number of seconds before it executes the substance of the bootcmd variable. Amid this time a commencement is printed, which can be hindered by squeezing any key. Topcelebsjackets Online Store
Antoniokim

Return to Software - General