Recipe for official wb yocto builds?

Yocto related software discussions are here

Recipe for official wb yocto builds?

Postby tumbleweed » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi, thanks whoever generated this Yocto sdcard image and posted it on the downloads page: ...

Can you provide the bitbake recipe that was used to generate this? I would like to use it as a base and make some small changes.

It would be great if the recipe were available on eg the github site.

Re: Recipe for official wb yocto builds?

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:29 am

Hi, tumbleweed:

For Yocto sdcard image on download page, We use mainline u-boot with SPL in order to run on wandboard with different i.mx6 SOC and DDR.
For this u-boot version, there are still some compatible problems for Poky toolchain.
Generally speaking, to make Yocto QT5 sdcard image for running on "all different wandboard platform", it still needs manually modification(for different wifi firmware, Bluetooth utility<brcm_patchram_plus>, u-boot built by freescale toolchin,etc...).

I will release the recipe for building Yocto QT5 image, and write the guide for manually changing.
It may take a while.

Site Admin

Re: Recipe for official wb yocto builds?

Postby JohnW » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 am

Are there any plans for the Wandboard team to submit these recipes to the mainline Yocto Freescale community BSP so that they don't have to be maintained in a separate layer? Also, adding uboot SPL support would be excellent, but does it make sense before SPL is mainlined?

Return to Software - Yocto